A website template and training for volunteer web masters for a large organization
The Problem/Opportunity: The Johnson School of management at Cornell University was initiating a project to drastically increase the alumni involvement in their local alumni clubs in 2004. A key component of this project was to provide an alumni presence on the web.
The Challenge: The school was dependent on volunteer webmasters for each alumni club’s web site so the solution had to
- be easy to administer by volunteers who had little or no web experience,
- provide the information and functions most required by the alumni,
- reflect the brand of both Cornell University and the business school,
- be customizable to support the unique needs of alumni clubs around the world
- require little ongoing technical assistance for the web masters
"The web site looks great and continues to draw compliments from our ... fellow alumni." Ken Gurrola, Club President
"Indeed it does. As a matter of fact, leaders of other clubs continue to look to this website as the model after which their own sites should be patterened." Risa Mish, Director, Alumni Relations
We worked with the Johnson School of Management at Cornell through all phases of the project, from concept through implementation and ongoing operations. Our experience helped this client to a solution that was too low a priority to have been addressed by their IT organization.
Get Started with Ewing Consulting to refine your major competitive advantages so you can develop your business to the next level.